- Certain fish species need special decorations to grow and live properly: fish are quite varied in the type of water, environment, lighting, aquarium size, etc. they want. For some types of fish, you need to completely tailor the aquarium for them so they can properly grow and live, and this includes the decorations as well. Some of the ceramics, rocks, and plants might be required for the fish to be as healthy as possible. You should definitely look into each fish’s preferable habitat.
- It is the easiest way to complement how your fish look and make your aquarium look special: ornaments are excellent in making your fish look special and your room feels unique. The colourful aquarium backgrounds, the beautiful natural rocks, and the aquarium plants go a long way to ensuring that every visitor will glance twice at your aquarium.
Aquascaping is serious business, and we know full-well how important the quality and the price of the ornaments matter. Aquael is committed to bringing you both high quality and varied decorations at an affordable price you can use to make sure your Aquarium looks the best it can be.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Decorate a Fish Tank?
If you haven’t decorated a fish tank before, learning how to do it the first time can be quite difficult. Here are a few tips you can use to ensure the fish tank is decorated properly:
- Try to match the decoration with your fish’s colours and shapes: due to how varied fish are, you can keep a lot of diverse fish of any colour and shape in your aquarium. It is important, however, to ensure that the design and the decoration in the aquarium fit well with the colour and shape of the fish. For example, if you have a range of colourful and unique fish, a dark aquarium background might bring more attention to them and thus make your tank look prettier.
- Not barebones but not stuffy: you don’t want a barebones fish tank with no ornaments, this will make the fish tank to look overly artificial and out of place in your home. On the other hand, filling it with rocks, plants, and other decorations will stifle the movement of the fish and make the tank seem amateurish. That’s why you need a good balance neither too clustered nor too empty.
Can You Put Rocks from Outside in a Fish Tank?
Yes and no. Some rocks, especially ones with a lot of cracks, might hold some bacteria in the cracks that will make the fish sick and stunt their growth – but, overall, if you make sure the rocks are properly cleaned up before putting them in the aquarium. But, generally, unless you’ve found a really special looking rock, taking the chance isn’t worth it and you should just buy one from a high-quality store.
Can You Put Plastic Toys in a Fish Tank?
Yes, you generally can put plastic toys in the tank, but there are a few caveats:
- Toys with a lot of small parts are not only hazardous to children but to fish also. They aren’t exactly small creatures, and they might accidentally swallow small parts of the toys which can result in their death. That’s why you have to be very careful in your selection of toys.
- Some toys are made of really cheap plastic that dissolves in water over time, and this could potentially poison your fish. You have to ensure that the toys you’re going to put in the aquarium are of high quality.